Toronto Running Clubs:
If you’re curious about Toronto running clubs, well, let me just say you’ve come to the right spot. Below is a comprehensive list of clubs in Toronto. I’ve included contact info, website links and notes to help you better research the right club for you.
List of Toronto Running Clubs:
- Toronto Running Club: Exactly what it sounds like. Join this group in the Eglinton-Lawrence area Wednesdays and Saturdays for medium and long-distance routes.
- Longboat Roadrunners: This is one of the top running clubs in the GTA. But don’t let that intimidate you. Middle and long distance runners of all skills and speed levels are welcome to join.
- Running Rats: A local downtown Toronto running club. You can catch them for a jog each Tuesday. They also have some great Toronto running routes that are worth checking out, even if you run them on your own.
- XNSRG: The place to go for interval training and speed work. Of course, XNSRG offers much more so check out their website to see exactly how they can help you with your running.
- The Running Room Toronto also runs clinics, workshops and clubs. You can join them for a run any Wednesday or Sunday. This link shows you how to sign up and register with them so you can join a running club near you.
- The Beaches Run Club: This East-end Toronto run club has grown from just a couple of casual joggers, to over 200 dedicated runners. Check their website for more details on where to meet them Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday for a run around this beautiful Toronto neighbourhood.
- The Runners Shop: If you’re new to running, then this is the perfect club for you. This boutique running store has great introduction to running clinics. Centrally located near Bloor and Avenue Road, this is a great group to join for running and walking clinics. And don’t be fooled, experienced runners can also benefit with their advanced workshops and running clubs.
But hey, running clubs are supposed to be social, aren’t they? That’s why I think some of the best running clubs in Toronto these days are actually on social media. So, let me present…
The Best Toronto Running Clubs on Facebook?
In the last year or so, some great running clubs have popped up on Facebook. The best part about these is that you can easily join the groups before attending the runs to get all the details and ask any questions you might have about the run clubs. Here are some of my favourites that you might want to check out:
- Nike+ Run Club Toronto: Nike has done a great job building a community of runners and joggers in Toronto. Join the group and get going! They have multiple runs each week that start from various downtown locations. If you’re not on Facebook, you can check out their Toronto Run Club website to sing-up for upcoming runs.
- RunTOBeers: This is probably the most fun run club in Toronto. If you’re looking to stretch your legs, meet great people and have a few beers, then this is the run club for you. Runs are 10km, 5km and 3km, multiple times each week. Check the group for upcoming run details. Maybe I’ll see you there (and feel free to buy me a beer)!
- LuLuLemon Run Crew: The good folks at LuLu do a good job putting together events of different types and lengths. Plus, they know how to have fun. So check out the Facebook group for any upcoming runs.
- West Toronto Pacers: This West-End running group has over 100 runners on Facebook. Join them for runs, speed work and pub nights. Their structured workouts are sure to help you improve your running speed. You can also visit their website for more information.
I sincerely hope you find this list of Toronto Running Clubs to be useful. If you are part of a running club that I didn’t mention here, please feel free to email me: jeff[at]torontorunclub.ca. And if you haven’t already, don’t forget to grab your free welcome kit!